Hey everyone! I hope you all have been having an awesome 2014 so far! I started the year off by making myself a set of resolutions and I’d like to share them with you guys. I’ve decided to break them into three parts: beauty, fashion (coming soon!) and personal (coming soon!) I hope that my goals will help you realize what you envision for yourself in 2014! Let’s get started!
So, this one will be about beauty. You know: makeup, hair, etc. I like to consider these things like fashion for your body. It’s totally okay to try out trends and different styles because you can undo your makeup or grow your hair back out or whatever it is you want to do. So, here are my five beauty-related resolutions to improve my look!
1. Wear a different perfume every week: I don’t know about you, but I happen to have an extensive perfume collection. The sad thing? I don’t use half of them. Not because I don’t like them, but more because I always have one of my faves available (I like Bath and Body Work’s Warm Vanilla Sugar and Paris Amour), and I don’t have time to switch over in the morning. So, I propose a sort of cycle that will let me wear a different one every week. This will let me use all of my perfumes and will be more efficient than choosing a new one every morning. It gives the people around you a chance to grow accustomed to your “signature” scent and start to like it, but then you’ll be able to surprise them when you change. I like to pick a different scent every Sunday and leave it out on my dresser so I can reach it every morning. Right now it’s Bath and Body Work’s Be Enchanted. If I need to, I use the matching cream. It’s unbelievable how something as simple as perfume can completely change your vibe!
2. Always have nicely painted nails: I have to admit, one of my biggest pet peeves is chipped nail polish. I just think it looks so unsophisticated and sloppy. Plus, I love nail polish and all the awesome things that can be done with it. So this year, I want to have my nails constantly polished, without chips, dents and the like. I like to keep my nails from breaking by using Sally Hansen’s Advanced Hard as Nails as a base coat, which has nylon that strengthens your nail enamel. If I’m in a rush, I use Sally Hansen’s Drop and Go Dryer Drops. I’ve also noticed that magnetic and thick, sparkly polishes tend to last longer, so I might try to use those more often to decrease my need for touch-ups. Also, I found these awesome nails tips at Seventeen.com. I’ll try some out and let you know how they go. I love the way a nice manicure adds polish and pizazz to a cute outfit!
3. Find my perfect red lip color: I loooooooooveeee red lips, they’re so classy and sophisticated. My problem? I can never find a color that matches my skin tone. I either pick something too vibrant and bright or too dull. I’ve tried stains, sticks and glosses, but some flake, some get too sticky and some just get everywhere. So my goal for this year is to finally find the perfect shade for my face, taking my rosy cheeks and not-so-white teeth into account. Then, I’ll finally be able to rock the classic red lips!
4. Have whiter teeth: I’ve always had naturally yellow teeth, which really, really bothers me. So this year, I’ve got a game plan to step things up. I now use two different tooth brushes and three different toothpastes, and I just got whitening strips. I asked my orthodontist about it and she recommended that I use a firm toothbrush once a day to get any residue off my teeth. She also said not to use it on my gums because they are sensitive. I’ve also been using Luster White White 7 Premium Toothpaste and Thieves Dentarome Ultra Toothpaste along with my usual Aquafresh, and I’ve noticed that they have helped reduce the amount of residue on my teeth, and they taste good too! Hopefully two brushes with these a day will get me sparkling white teeth by the end of this year!
5. Work those wings!: Ever since I was little, I’ve loved the classic look of winged eyeliner. I’ve tried it with pencil and liquid liners, but I just can’t seem to get the desired affect. This year, I want to find the liner that will work for me so I can rock this look without any smudging or difficult application. Hopefully I’ll be able to learn how to put it on well, without making a mess and having to start over and over again. The other issue? I don’t want super expensive products. I also have relatively small eyes, so it’s difficult for me to get it perfect, but I’m determined to find the perfect (inexpensive) black liner to do my wings with this year!
Now I’d like your feedback! Do you have any beauty goals for this year? Do you have any ideas for me on how I can achieve mine? Talk to me in the comments below! or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org! Also don’t forget to follow my Tumblr: tantalizingly-tasteful.tumblr.com! Love you guys xx
In This Article:
Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Mist and Paris Amour Body Mist, $14.00 each at Bath and Body Works
Sally Hansen Advanced Hard as Nails Nail Enamel with Nylon in Natural, $3.99 at Soap.com
Sally Hansen Salon Manicure Nail Treatment Dry and Go Drops, $6.99 at Target
Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color in Ionic Blue, $7.19 at Drugstore.com
Sinful Colors Professional Nail Color in Pinky Glitter, $1.99 at Target
Luster Premium White White 7 Toothpaste, $6.99 at CVS
Thieves Dentarome Ultra Toothpaste, $11.51 at Young Living Essential Oils (my mom sells them, if anyone’s interested let me know!!)
Just the Basics Toothbrush, Firm, $0.99 at CVS