Hey everyone! I hope you all have been having an awesome 2014 so far! I started the year off by making myself a set of resolutions and I’d like to share them with you guys. I’ve decided to break them into three parts: fashion, beauty, and personal (coming soon!) I hope that my goals will help you realize what you envision for yourself in 2014! Let’s get started!
1. Mix Silver and Gold: I’ve always stuck mostly to silver jewelry and thought that it’s impossible to pair them together. This year, however, I’m ready to change and work my gold jewelry into the mix. In order to make this possible, I recently purchased some silver and gold jewelry from Forever 21 that I can easily put together. I’ve already paired some silver and gold necklaces together, and I must admit, I’m loving it! I hope I can continue the look without getting scared!
2. Mix Patterns: The look of mixed patterns is so fashion-forward and trendy, but it can be really hard to execute. I’ve tried denim on denim, knit on floral, and lace in stripes, but I usually don’t feel all that confident when I take such a risk. This year, I will be. I’ve learned that the trick to mixing patterns (usually– there are some exceptions to every rule!) is to have a similar color palette in each patterned piece and keep the rest of the ensemble neutral (but never plain!) For example, I wore a black and white knit sweater with a T-rex graphic over a blue and pink floral dress. How did that work? The dino and the light blue flowers were the same color! Since the rest of my ensemble was neutral– black leggings and black work boots– the combo looked incredible, if I do say so myself. I hope that I’ll be able to keep my confidence and creativity levels high enough to keep on mixing patterns!
3. Learn How to Flatter My Body: I read a lot of magazines, and almost all of them give advice on how to style your body, but really, it’s not your body. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I have a big chest and an hourglass figure and soccer legs and I’m petite and curvy. No where in these magazines do they tell you what to do if you have a combination body. So my goal for this year is to figure out how to flatter my own body. Sure, those magazine articles might help me, but they’re definitely not the be all, end all. I need to use trial and error, and try new things. I could rely on the opinions of my friends and families, but they may see different things and that might confuse me. Ultimately, I think it’s my opinion that matters, so I hope that I can learn how to make my own body look good.
4. Plan My Outfits in Advance: Let’s face it: it’s super hard to put together high-fashion,incredibly creative outfits on the fly. I personally like to try them on ahead of time so I can put any finishing touches or switch out anything that doesn’t really fit into the look. Plus, who doesn’t want to catch some extra ZZZ’s in the morning? Planning your outfits out ahead of time lets you do that. Plus, you don’t have to worry about rushing to pick out a cute outfit. I put mine in a hanging closet organizer with the shoes and accessories I chose to match it, then move it onto my mannequin the night before I’m going to wear it. It’s so simple and quick, plus it keeps my clothing organized and it fabulous condition. And you know what that means? No more losing sleep in the name of fashion for me!
5. Keep My Closet and Clothes Organized and In Good Condition: I’ll be honest here: I am a complete and utter mess. I’m still in high school, so I go to bed late and get up early. Usually I’m exhausted, so I just take my clothes off and throw them places. If I’m trying clothes on and I decide they don’t fit my outfit, I throw them on my closet floor or in a laundry bin I have in my closet. I leave piles and piles of clean laundry in the laundry room, as if my closet has extended onto my mom’s counters. This year, though, I want to figure out some sort of system so I can keep my closet organized and my clothes in good condition. I think I just need to take time out from my day to take care of these things. Honestly, I don’t have a super great system planned out just yet, but when I do, I’ll let you guys know!
Now I’d like your feedback! Do you have any fashion goals for this year? Do you have any ideas for me on how I can achieve mine? Talk to me in the comments below! or send an email to email@example.com! Also don’t forget to follow my Tumblr: tantalizingly-tasteful.tumblr.com! Love you guys xx
In This Article:
Spiked Layered Necklace in Silver/black, $4.80 at Forever 21
Eclectic Feather Rope Bracelet in Mint/cream, $4.80 at Forever 21