Hey, guys! With school right around the corner, I thought I’d share my school necessities with you! Hope you enjoy!
1. Cute backpack: Everyone knows how important your backpack is to your school experience. It honestly can make or break your year. You want something that’s cute and trendy, but also affordable and roomy. I always like to look for something with pockets to hold my cell phone, wallet and emergency kit. I try to look for something with lots of compartments so that I can keep my books organized. When you get your bag, put your books in it right away to make sure it can hold everything. If not, it’s back to the drawing board! It’s better to have one completely functional bag than two or three cute bags full of books! Stay tuned for a guide on this year’s backpack trends!
2. Sweet (and comfy!) kicks: Chances are that, if you’re in high school, there’s going to be some point in the day when you have to sprint from one side of the school to another just to make it to class on time. Let’s be real here: You really don’t want to make that trek in a pair of impossibly high heels or incredibly tight shoes that give you blisters. So opt for something a little bit more comfortable and manageable. Sure, it’s fun to wear heels to school every once in a while, but when you do, stick to a maximum of two or three inches with a platform, and go for flats the rest of the time. You’ll get to class faster, and your feet will thank you. But don’t feel like you have to do sneakers just to stay comfortable! There are so many different kinds of shoes that you could rock while still sparing your feet the trauma. Find a style that you like and feel comfortable in, then rock them in the hallways!
3. Functional and cool watch: At school, it’s always important that you know the time. You need to know how much time you have left on a test? You want to know how much time you have left of this boooring U.S. history lecture? You want to know how much time you have left to finish your forgotten homework? Check. Your. Watch. I can’t tell you how much wearing a watching to school has helped me. The school’s clocks are always breaking or out of sight, so now I can rely on my own handy dandy watch. And watches can be cute! They’re practical and fashionable. What’s better than that?! I like analog watches, but if you can’t read analog: 1. Learn how to. 2. Go for digital. There are so many cute options, the possibilities are endless!
4. Adorable wallet: For me, it’s always important to have a wallet on me. I need to have my school I.D. on me at all times, and some money in case there’s a pizza sale or my friends want to make a quick Starbucks run in between school and extracurricular activities. It’s important to me that my wallets are cute, so (ironically), all of mine have animals on them. I have one with a peacock, two with owls and one with an elephant. They make me smile, and they’re great conversation starters. Look for something that matches your own personal style and personality, but also holds your I.D., your cash, your change and, of course, your Panera card and Starbucks gift card!
5. Super cute makeup bag: I’ll be honest, I totally rely on a makeup bag at school. I use it to hold my emergency kit (blog post coming soon!) and need it to be roomy, but also cute! I like something with a zipper and preferably some compartments. I usually either keep it in my locker or in my backpack, but my friends come to me for things that I keep in there, so I want it to be cute!
If anyone has any other hallway essentials or decides to give mine a try, let me know in the comments below or send a picture to my email: firstname.lastname@example.org! Also don’t forget to follow my Tumblr, tantalizingly-tasteful.tumblr.com, and my Instagram, @tonirose08! Love you guys, thanks for reading! xx
In This Article:
New Look Acid Denim Backpack, $48.35 at Asos
JanSport High Steaks Corduroy Backpack, $40 at Urban Outfitters
Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Core Hi in Classic Black, $55.00 at Zappos
Wanted Tava Boots in Black, $69.99 at Wantedshoes.com
Two-Tone Silicone Watch in Blue, $14.92 at Go Jane
Bling Wrap Chrono Watch in White, $24.50 at Wet Seal
Water Resistant Digital Watch, $19.80 at Forever 21
I’m So Fancy Hinged Wallet, $9.99 at Rue 21
Mossimo Supply Co. Floral Print Wallet in Blue, $12.99 at Target
Kitties in Space Hinged Wallet, $9.99 at Rue 21
SOHO French Twist Valet Bag, $19.99 at Target
SOHO Spotted Valet Bag, $19.99 at Target
Victoria’s Secret Signature Cosmetic Bag, $18.00 at Victoria’s Secret